- Introduction to the project and main goals
- Activity: Stand next to the identities you relate to (Boricua, Latina, Latino, Latinx, Hispanic, Spanish people, Chicana, Chicano, Person of Color, ect)
- 5 minutes of self-brainstorm and then share: Name all your identities, and what do they mean to you?
- Glossary of Terms: Latino, Latinx, Hispanic, Decolonizing Slideshow.
- Group Readings: (Gloria Anzaldua, Aurora, Joaquin,) report back (main points made by author, what do you think? What discussion questions do you have for us?)
- Tell us about the oldest ancestor you know about, where did they live? Who was your first direct ancestor to migrate to the US?
- What forms of media do you use and consume on a daily basis? What storytellers do you already follow? And what might be good mediums for us to use?
- Create your ancestor meme, video, etc and report back.
- Colorism within the Latinx and African American community
- Internalized Racism/Oppression
- Generational Trauma
- Bracero Program
Weekly Assignments: Bring 5 family pictures, names of members who first migrated to the U.S where they came from.