Directions: Find moments during this week when you can start a conversation with your mom/dad/abuelx. It may take you a couple of times to get through this. The idea of the Maruchan Interview is that we’re not trying to get all up in your family’s biznezz but we’re opening up a conversation to learn some basics about their travel here to Chicago. There is a lot we can still learn from their responses. Please come to our next meeting on Saturday, December 10th with this assignment done.
Gracias- Philámayaye (Lakota) – Tlazohcamati Cenca tlazohcamati (Nahuatl) – A dupe (Yoruba) – yupaychani (Quichua)
- In what year did you come? Do you know the exact date?
- What time of the year was it? What did you think about your new city?
- Where in Chicago did you first come to live in?
- What surprised you most about Chicago?
- Can you tell me about your first job here?
- Did you feel welcomed in Chicago? Can you tell me something about that?
- Besides family, what simple thing did you miss about home?
*********Take a photo or bring one of them to the next meeting ****************